Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sunday in Armenta and Miramelinda

Sunday morning we went to Armenta. I have heard so many stories about this little town and I thought I would remember it but there was hardly anything that looked familiar to me about it. I remember the river that was next to it but it looked so small now that I can't be sure it was the same town I'm thinking of. Here are some pictures of the service there. This sign says "Welcome Brother Leonard Sankey" - obviously they tweeked the spelling on the last name a little. :) Little "Lizzy" came to visit us during the service, and since the kids couldn't understand any of the service, Drew became very intrigued by Lizzy and took a picture or two of her. Drew wanted to get a picture of all of these kids and somehow he got them to understand him. Kids are great. I was really proud of my kids on this trip. They wanted to communicate so badly they would ask me how to say stuff and wouldn't have a clue what the kids answered back to them but they didn't care they just wanted to make friends. And the little national kids were just as friendly. It was a great experience for them. The only dry road out of this town was being worked on when we left that morning so we had to gun the van we were in and try to make it through this mud... and yes, there is another car coming straight at us. :) Sunday evening they had to take a smaller vehicle so that they could use the 4 wheel drive to get to this church. So only Dad, Andrew and my three kids went to this service, along with the Meltons. This was the little town of Miramelinda (that is why I think I was wrong in the earlier post). The city of San Pedro Sula

0 comments: