Saturday, December 1, 2007

SPS

Casa "J"
The next day in SPS we went to see the two houses we used to live in. The first house we lived in was Casa "J", I don't remember much about it because I was probably 2-3 years old when we lived there. But the second house I remember alot about. The second house we lived in. It was pale blue when we lived there. My first memories were from this house. I remember getting word that my Grandpa Ferguson had died in this house. I remember being homeschooled (kindergarten) in this house. I remember coming home one evening, Dad was in America, and our maid or Mom saw someone leaving out the back. We looked around to see if they had taken anything but I don't think they had. That was scary. I remember Mom giving Marc a bath in his little baby bathtub and Marc reciprocating with a stream that would top most fire hydrants. (little exaggeration there) hahaha
I could go on and on but no one really wants me to do that, especailly Marc now. :) Love ya' bro'. We wound our way up the side of the mountain trying to find the place where Dad had a service. The houses kept getting bigger and bigger and more and more beautiful then...
The pavement ended.....

And it started to look a little like this.

And like this.
And here is the spot where the home was that Dad had that first service. I think the name of this little village was Miramelinda, although it doesn't seem right now that I'm writing it so I may be wrong about that.
Then we came back down the mountain and found the school where Dad had asked permission to hold services, and I think Mom was able to teach some literacy classes to the national people there using the Bible as a teaching tool.

Caleb Melton

Kendrick Melton
Then we headed to the coast, Puerto Cortes, where we went several times when we lived here. The kids had a ball playing in the warm water here.


Caleb decided he didn't like the ocean after all.
Beth thought this guy was signaling to the drug runners off the coast telling them which cove to come into and what time. We hated to burst her little imaginative bubble by telling her that he was just welding. heehee. Love ya' sis. (I hate to think what they will put on their blogs about me)

There's no real significance to this picture except that it looks so relaxed and that's how we felt. From left to right then bottom right, Maria's cute feet, Beth's brown feet, Kent's hairy feet, and my lovely feet. HA!

We thought this place looked really nice. It was a hotel or cabins or something.

1 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Hey! I was just trying to do my part to end the tragedy of drugs in Central America and regions beyond! :-)