Saturday, December 1, 2007

The helicopter ride

Andrew, Drew, Kent and Bro Lee got to go on a helicopter ride the next day. Bro. Fausto Cebeira wanted to do something special for us so he had his pilot take the guys up for a quick tour. Andrew said it was really awesome. Since Andrew isn't here at this point I am going to tell you what I think all these pictures are of. :) He is taking the pictures out the window of the copter and sometimes there is a shady place in the picture that is water droplets or the sun reflecting making it hard to see. Please forgive those flaws. :) These "pockets" of town ( I think it is still Guatemala City) are up on a plateau with steep, steep ravines on all sides. How do the people get there?? There is probably a bridge or something somewhere but I don't see it in this picture. I think this is the town of Antigua. It is hard for me to tell. But it is very pretty nestled in these mountains. Volcanos in the background. Maybe Pacaya?? I don't know, but beautiful none the less. This is Lake Atitlan with, I believe, the volcano Agua in the background. Remember this picture, you will see it at a different angle later. :)

More deep, deep ravines that were intriguing. Here's the helicopter they went in. Thank you so much Bro. Fausto for your kindness in letting our family do this. We really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Great pics!

LaDonna said...

That looks like a HUGE stadium, I'm going to assume they play "football" there? (i.e soccer?)