Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Project for all of the Kids

Taylor loves "projects". When he was in preschool and Kindergarten he was VERY disappointed when he was sick and couldn't go to school because that meant he would miss out on the projects that Mrs. Wease would have them do. So I saw this idea in "Taste of Home" (I think) and I got the ingredients and we all made pilgrim hats.
These are Keebler cookies, I can't remember the name, with fudge on the back of them. Turn them over on their fronts. Then put white frosting around the inside circle (we later figured out it was easier to put the frosting on the top of the Reese cup). The one thing I couldn't find was Mini Chiclets for the buckle of the hat. So we just did without. It would have looked alot cuter if I could have found some.
Taylor kept eating parts of his project. :)

Tyler decided to wear his pilgrim hat.

Grant turned his upside down and stacked them.
Katie used a piece of foil as her buckle.
Even Heidi made some.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute idea! I'll have to remember that.

Beth Stetler said...

That is so cool!

Ronda said...

Love the hats! How creative!!!

Lori said...

They turned out so cute, I was planning on doing the same thing with my kids, great minds think alike!

Your Penn Palz : said...

i love these! i'm starving right at the moment and WISHED i had the 'stuff' to make these for a bedtime snack!!! ;-) hopefully, we'll make them sometime before thanksgiving... looks like great fun for ya'll and a tasty treat at the same time!

Kim M. said...

How fun!!!!

I made something similar to these for Thanksgiving one year. I got my recipe from Familyfun.com (which is a great place to go for more projects!)

---In that recipe you used a marshmallow for the top of the hat, you then dip it in melted chocolate and press it onto the same type of cookie. Then you pipe the buckle with yellow icing. They turned out cute too, except some of the marshmallows were lop-sided :-\

Yours look yummier (Reese cups sound so much better than marshmallows!).

Good job!

The Dickinsons said...

I too saw this recipe and wanted to make it, but I don't have smaller Reeces cups here, and have never seen those cookies either, so I'll just enjoy looking at y'all's. =) They turned out cute! It looks like your kids had fun. My Sarah is the same way...SHE LOVES crafts. The only craft I do is scrapbook. So, when my Sarah asked me what day she would be having CRAFTS in her schooling, I told her, "ON SUNDAY... IN KIMBERLY'S SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS." =D

You and Katie's apple pie looked yummy too!!

Love y'all!

Melanie C. said...

Mmm..what a yummy project!! :-)

Janet Sankey said...

Oh Vonnie, your craft party with the kids looked so adorable and delicious, too. It was great to see the pictures and what a fun way to occupy busy little boys!!