Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A few random pictures

Drew outside playing soccer in the snow with a "muscle" shirt on. We don't have too much snow, really, just an inch or so, and the temps aren't very bad, somewhere around 30... but I still got tickled at Drew outside playing without a coat on. He has always been very hot-natured. :)
While Andrew was home this past weekend, he went and picked up the bear skull he had a taxidermist friend "do" for him. It is the skull of the bear I had pictured at the bottom of this blog for a long time. I don't have it down there now, but it is a HUGE bear!! The twins were really intrigued.
He also picked up Drew's buffalo skin which you can see here. This is just the back half of the skin because they are doing a head mount, so you can see how big this animal is.
Tyler wanted to help me shape the rolls for Sunday dinner... my hair is wet, that's why it looks like that.
Aurora had another litter of puppies a few days ago. We have three puppies left who seem to be doing well.
Andrew left this morning to go back to St. Mary's. Hopefully he will be able to return in about 10 days. He will have to fly his airplane back and that is really dependant on good weather, so pray that the weather is good so he can get back here in good time and not get stuck somewhere between here and there.

8 comments:

Kim M. said...

my boys would love that buffalo skin and bear skull. :-)
snow... already???

Vonnie said...

Yes, Kim, we have snow already and I'm not a bit happy about it!! :)

Kim M. said...

Bless your heart! You could make some pumpkin/snow/ice cream maybe??? Maybe that would cheer everyone up? :-D

Janet Sankey said...

I like your pics and comments. At least I get to see the kids that way. Love, Mom

Melanie C. said...

Enjoyed the post..I couldn't get the picture of the skull bigger and would love to see that up close...I am hoping to decorate our living room with the animals Shawn has gotten over the years (one being the bear he got in Alaska!) I enjoy seeing those pictures!

sankey family said...

That was amazing - Drew playing outside in the snow with his muscle shirt on.

Love all the pics!

Lori said...

Enjoyed the photos! Do you sell your puppies? Not that we're interested but it was something that I had thought about doing. Love your kitchen cabinets also!

Vonnie said...

Lori,
If they were full blooded puppies we would sell them. But they are mutts so we will just give them away or take them to the shelter. We used to have Rottweilers and we did sell those puppies. It is very lucrative!!