Thursday, January 24, 2008

History Banquet

Our school has a really great history teacher. She is a young, single girl who makes history live. Each year she has the kids choose a character and find out all about them and then they do a history fair or some sort of presentation for the parents, etc. This year and last year she had them do a banquet. And I don't think they were any specific person this year they just took and era and became a female or male (whichever you are) from that era and also from a country. Heidi and Katie somehow both chose to be females from the 1940's United States. (I don't think they realized they were both doing the same thing) They also have to bring a dish from that era and country to the banquet. So Heidi chose to make apple pie and fried chicken, Katie chose to make french fries. Here are some pictures of Heidi making the apple pie and then of the event itself. Meghan is Heidi's best friend. She was someone from Asia, obviously. :)

Here is the whole group, just about.


Kaitlyn Miller

I can't believe it but I don't have a picture of Heidi!! But here is Katie.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the way Heidi's holding her tongue while slicing the apples!!! Too cute!

Mamabear said...

Great pix! I was a bad mom and forgot the camera. I didn't see Heidi, but Katie looked adorable! I think she was French, though, wasnt' she? Thats what Kate said anyways.

sankey family said...

Looks like so much fun - congrats, girls, on the dishes you made. Wish I could have tasted your handiwork!
Melodie

The Dickinsons said...

I'm proud of Heidi and Katie for the yummy dishes that they prepared, and Katie looked cute. Wish we could have seen Heidi, I'm sure she looked cute too!

Loved the post about the red river bread, it looks yummy.

We love and miss y'all,
Heather

Ronda said...

Fun post! Looks like ya'll were very creative! Sounds like your girls are learning to be great cooks! Loved the pictures!

Kim M. said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a fun project!

Myranda said...

So cool - makes it so much more interesting!