Saturday, January 12, 2008

A gift from Dad

When Andrew came back from Ft. Yukon (oh so many months ago) he brought the kids native Alaskan gifts. Each kid got a fur hat made from muskrat, beaver or fox. Well, this was great for the boys and for Heidi, but Katie is a little bit too fashion conscious. So, before she saw it, Andrew had her close her eyes and he put it on her. You can see her reaction in the second picture and then Andrew's reaction right after that. It was great. Heidi ended up getting that hat and is enjoying it.. although she isn't really wearing it all that much. One of the problems with those type of hats is that it messes up your hair really badly. She hasn't seen it at this point.. I think she looks pretty cute.
Not so much, Dad...
This was an Edgar Bryan laugh!!
The twins got muskrat hats and the boys got beaver.
Heidi got the one Katie didn't want. It is fox. Isn't she a cutie in it?
I couldn't leave this one out. The girls bought wigs around Halloween and they put one on Andrew. I got the picture when he took a big, over-dramatized yawn. He is a crazy man!

8 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Great hats! :-) I really love the picture of the kids at Cades Cove!!

Lori said...

Those hats are very interesting, I have to say I don't think I've ever seen anything like those!I agree with Beth, the photo at the top is great of the kids!

Mamabear said...

I'm impressed,,already two posts and you just got back!! You're putting me to shame! :-)
I'm SOO glad you're back!

Leah said...

Vonnie - so glad you all made it back home! Loved the pictures of your kids and the hats!! We have been praying for your mom and Mark and Melody and their situation!! Looking forward to the rest of your pictures!!

Kim M. said...

Oh that's hilarious! Great pictures!

Michelle said...

I may have to side with Katie on this one....LOL Probably warm though!

Cindy said...

Cute pics, Vonnie! Really enjoyed you being here in Bedford. Wish you could be here more often. Didn't realize your husband could look like such a mountain man :)

Anonymous said...

Those hats were GReaT!!! I loved them AND THE REACTIONS AS WELL. They looked VERY RUSSIAN too, for we saw and even wore many a hat like those THEY ARE WARM!!! I could just hear Andrew laughing... great shot! Thanks for taking the time to come out so we could see you all. We LOVED every minute of it! Great memories with such great family. We LOVE YOU ALL LOTS. Grandma is fine and we are enjoying having her here with us while Moma and Daddy are running ragged with Phillip and Heather! :) Love you MUCH, LAURA