Monday, January 14, 2008

Whoooooo Hoooooooo

Well, it is a red letter day!!! I have lived in Alaska for almost 13 years now and the car that I drive most of the time has never been inside the garage, at any house that we lived in. Of course, we didn't even have a garage for the first probably 5 years that we lived here. Anyway, it's so exciting my palms are sweaty.... (Howard Russell's favorite saying) tonight..... we pulled the Excursion in the garage. Believe me, tonight is a good night to have it in the garage because it has been about -40 degrees all day. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow, but how nice it will be to not have to go start the car early in the morning. Yay!! I'm so excited.... yes, of course I took pictures.... you didn't think I'd forget do you?? :) :) :)
Now, just so you know, I'm not expecting an automatic garage door opener for three years... :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah for you! -40? and I thought I was cold at just below zero. LOL

Eckmama said...

I TOTALLY know what a thrill it is to park in the garage! I've been booted to the driveway while he's got some projects going, but if the weather were nasty I'd be pitching a fit. I'm very spoiled to pulling in the garage every time. Right after pushing that nifty little button to open the door for me.
Yep. Super spoiled. But NOT ROTTEN, because I recognize and appreciate my spoiled-ness! LOL
Congratulations!!! ;)

Beth Stetler said...

Hurray! :-) It's cold here, too. About 60. :-) The best I can figure that's about 100 degrees warmer than what you're enduring.

sankey family said...

That's awesome! I always loved our 2 car garage with automatic openers when we lived in Franklin. Maybe you won't actually have to wait 3 years for the opener. We can hope, right? :)
Love you!
Melodie

Mamabear said...

I love your 3 year appliances!! :-) At least they're consistent!!

Marty said...

I am also very sorry that we didn't get to see the fam when yal where down. I told Larry that I guess we have to come up there!!! I'm afraid that I would never get my boys back to the warm land! Tell Andrew that while he was at GG's my van decided to have thermostat trouble...unlike my father, I don't drive it when a light is on! ha! I soooo missed getting to see him! Glad to hear that your mom is doing better and we continue to pray for Logan! Love ya!

Oh! when we first got our home, our garage was clean, neat, and capable of holding 2 vehicles! Now that Larry is building cabinets...not so clean and can hardly handle a few bikes! I'm jealous!

Kathy said...

Congrats! But you gotta get that garage door opener! You don't want to have to get out of your car in -40 degrees and open the garage door. (<:

Kim M. said...

Yay! for sure... I love my carport. Garages are even better!