Sunday, June 15, 2008

Walk for Life

Yesterday we had our Pregnancy Center's Walk for Life. It was sooooo fun! For one thing it was a perfect day. The weather could not have been better. The temp was about 75 and very sunny. Besides walking, there were hot dogs, sodas, chips, candy, a live band, and face painting. Following are some pictures we took! If anyone wants to donate, I believe you still can at http://www.carenetfairbankswalk.com/ . I think that website is still good until late June!!

Hey, they were clean before I got them an ice cream cone. :)

We used the Lathrop High School track/football field.

Heidi and I under the registration tent.

Here are several people getting ready to start walking.

Grant, the wolf. I just love this picture of him.

This is my boss, Nancy, doing the face painting. She did such a great job. She is muli-talented!! Tyler was getting his wolf face done.

Madeline and Grant.

Taylor waiting to get his face painted. Then the battery died in my camera and I couldn't take a picture of Taylor's face - he was a tiger. Hey, did you know it is very hard to get face paint off?? No, I didn't either.... until last night when I was giving baths and it wouldn't come off and then I tried alcohol and it still wouldn't come off. So we went to church this morning with the remnants of wolf and tiger all over their faces! :(

6 comments:

Marty said...

You are right, Grant is one handsome boy!! Must come from my side of the family!!HA!!!

Ronda said...

Sounds like a fun day for a great cause! How fun for the guys to go to church that way...cute kids, BTW!

Lori said...

I've always wondered about that face paint, don't know if my kids have the patience to sit there for it, thanks for the warning!
PS. You look so great!

Anonymous said...

Vonnie,

I just love reading your blog! Thanks for keeping the rest of us up to date on your beautiful family. Give them all big hugs from me.
COlton is such a big guy and running around everywhere. I have evening sickness and don't move much past noon! Imagine my world!!!

Lots of love to all, Susan

Kim M. said...

Justin and Jonathan liked the wolf faces. Great pictures!

Char said...

Just catching up on your blog...loved the White House post...I have a child who thinks similar thoughts...HAHAHA!

The face painting is a lot nicer than some I've seen around here!!