Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Drew and Grant!

You can't imagine how happy I was that Grant asked for a cheesecake. For one thing, I love cheesecake, and another thing... this is our week for three birthday's and three birthday cakes. We get a little tired of cake by the end of the week so it is nice to have something a little different. My mouth is wide open singing "Happy Birthday". :)

One of his gifts was bike helmet, elbow pads and knee pads. Now maybe we won't have so many scrapes and bruises! :)
Drew is 12 this year, and I might add is turning into an awesome young man. He makes me proud to watch him do things around the house to help take care of me and the other kids. He left with his dad today to go out to St. Mary's and I will miss him!

5 comments:

sankey family said...

Happy Birthday to everyone!...smiles...yum, I would love to have a piece of cheesecake right now..love it!

Becky said...

Hi Vonnie,
I enjoy looking on your blog! You have such a nice family. I can't imagine 3 birthdays in a week. You the mom!!

Melanie C. said...

Remember when G-ma Sankey would ask me what kind of cake I wanted her to make me for my b-day? I would answer, "cheesecake!" Love, love, love it! Sounds like a yummy, calorie infested week! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Birthday kids,
I thought of you, even handed the phone to Natasha to call Katie on her birthday and then remembered JUST IN TIME that there are 4 hours difference. She would have called you before 6 a.m. your time. After that we forgot. So sorry to be behind the times... so busy holding that sweet baby Elijah that there's not much time for anything else... including checking blogs. This is the 1st I've been on your blog in months, literally... sorry, I'll catch up sometime, maybe. Love you all MUCH, Laura

Kim M. said...

Happy Birthdays... cheesecake is so yummmmm.....
Helmets, shoulder pads and knee pads are great birthday gifts for boys. I told Jonathan last night they were going to have to wear helmets all the time b/c they keep hurting each other!!!