Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's banquet

Last night the juniors of our school put on a Valentine's banquet. It was lots of fun, as usual. We had a blast with our friends who sat at our table, Bob and Elayne, Steve and Tracey and Don and DeeDee. It was all topped off by Bob flipping the cherry off the spoon and hitting Steve in the arm with it.
Clarissa played the harp.
....and did a great job!!!
Mr. Nutter spoke on the five love languages.

Many of the junior's moms made a delicious meal... chicken, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, pasta salad, corn and green bean casserole, salad, and brownies for dessert. It was really awesome. Sorry I didn't get pictures.... too busy eating, I guess.


Then we had a pie auction. Oh my word, we ended up with 3 pies, a german chocolate cake and an afghan. It was really fun, as I've mentioned before.... especially watching Don and Bob bidding on the same Key Lime pie. :)

Our loot.

Heidi, my cousin (not my daughter) made this afghan that I bid on and got. It is really pretty and soft. I slept with it wrapped around my feet last night. Very nice, fluffy and warm.

12 comments:

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Looks like SO much fun!!! Wish we had stuff like that around here. Great pics too!!!! Can't wait to meet you in real life!!!

Julie

Vonnie said...

I think I was commenting on your post at the same time you were commenting on mine, Julie. I am looking forward to meeting you too this summer... at least I am assuming you are coming too. ???

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Yes, Vonnie. I'll be there too!! Tracey and Byron gave me little choice!!! Pray for me!! I told Tracey that Bob needs to spend the week at your house!!! :-) Between Bob and 9+ hours in the air - I may need nerve pills when I get there. LOL

Julie

Mamabear said...

Von,, I was saying on the way home on how HARD I was trying to be good (apparently we failed miserably :-D )since we were at one of the front tables...Steve's only comment was "what would you have been doing at the back, making bonfires??"
Silly men, they are always SO exaggerative!!! (After all it wasn't one of the females that actually LAUNCHED the cherry!!)Dearest julie,, Bob just ate a whole huge mouse,,, we will be sure to feed him well before you get here,, you have nothing to worry about! :-D hehe

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

That "hehe" is what has me worried.

J

Beth Stetler said...

Well, I hate to break in on this 3-way conversation, but it looks like y'all are having too much fun, for me to be left out in the cold, or should I say warm, since I am probably the only one suffering for the Lord in an 80 degree, sunshiny, palm trees swaying in the breeze kinda' place, I could go on and on ... :-)

LaDonna said...

Looks like so much fun, and Vonnie, YOU LOOK GREAT!!! Now, don't go and eat all that stuff you brought home! :)

Ronda said...

Looks like you had a fun Valentine banquet...there nothing better than sharing fun times with good friends!

Vonnie said...

I really can't eat the sweet stuff like I used to.... it makes me seck...pukey sick! So no worries, I'm hardly tempted at all. :)

Vonnie said...

SICK, that is, I can't spell tonight!

Leah said...

Vonnie - sounds like you had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I just found your site. I too am the wife of an avid hunter and have a blog that provides humor for us wives.