Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Update on my new job

Just a quick note to let you know about my new job. (with the Pregnancy Center) I am now signed off to do limited obstetrical ultrasounds. I have been having a ball this week, fine tuning my skills. They haven't taught me how to find the gender of the baby, we aren't even allowed to tell the parents, but today I was able to tell on a couple of different scans what the gender was. It is so fun to run over that area of the anatomy and see what you see. My instructors were smiling at me as I took a really looooooong look at the area and ran the transducer over the area a couple of times really slowly. They knew what I was doing even though I couldn't tell the parents. :)

Anyway, God has shown himself strong to me this week as I wondered how I was going to do what was required of me to do in this job and thought I was not going to have another nurse there to help me. He has supplied another nurse from MY church who is already a good friend and now I get to work with her. She is awesome and is picking the info up really fast. And she thinks it's just as fun as I do. It has been such a blessing!! We have learned a few things about each other that we otherwise would have had no way of knowing. :) heehee

Well, to those who asked, there is the latest.... thanks for asking. :)

4 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

Kewl. BTW, Please tell Andrew that I'm working daily with a tutor and am now ALMOST as fluent in Spanish as he is. :-)

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, I'm so proud of you! That is awesome that God has helped you and that you are feeling more comfortable in your new job. Also, how nice of God to provide you a nurse from your own church. =) I can just see you running that machine ever so sssslllloooowwwwllllyyyy over some parts...you are hilarious! Wish I could come and you could do my ultrasound. I'm looking forward to getting mine done when we get to the states. =)

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Happy Valentines to you and your family!

Ronda said...

Hi Vonnie! It was fun to hear about how much you are enjoying your new job...Just think! You will be there on one of the most exciting days of some people's lives! I feel that way when I am in on a delivery...When they look in their babies face for the first time...It still brings tears to MY eyes! How neat that you can work with a good friend, too! I have the priviledge of working with a good Christian friend...We have a blast together! Have fun!

Mamabear said...

I don't know about you two working together there!! From what I'm hearing you need to behave!!! :-D