Friday, February 1, 2008

Now you know I'm crazy...

I got this e-mail this morning about the best kept auto secret. It said that you can look on your gas gauge and tell if your tank is on the left of the vehicle or on the right. You know how many times you might be in an unfamiliar vehicle and don't have a clue which side to pull into the gas station in order to fill the tank. Well, this e-mail said, if your tank was on the left the picture of the gas pump on your gas guage would have the pump handle on the left and vice versa. So I checked my vehicle.... WRONG. My gas tank is on the left and the gas pump picture showed the gas handle on the right. BUT, right above it, I had NEVER noticed it before, were the words Fuel Fill with an arrow to the left. Now, I can remember in MY vehicle which side the tank is on but you never know on other people's cars or in rental cars. Maybe this info is always right in front of us, we just never see it. OK, it's a thought....

6 comments:

Mamabear said...

Girlfriend,, you REALLY need to get out more!!!!
Gallo's?? :-D

Lori said...

This is funny, Tim just came home from work saying that someone just told him about this. I have never noticed that either. On our newer Fords the little gas tank is right but not on the '97 car. I guess we need to start paying more attention to the little things!

Beth Stetler said...

I just went out and checked our Mountaineer. Above the gas gauge is an arrow and the words FUEL DOOR. Very cool. I'm glad I have such an intelligent, informative and mechanical sister!

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, Thank you for this very informative info on the gas gauge. I ran out to our garage to check our car for the gas gauge side, and LO AND BEHOLD I REMEMBERED THAT WE DON'T HAVE A CAR!!!! HA! (Excuse the dry humor, it's late Saturday night! =) However, someday when we do get a car, that is a neat little trick. Thanks!

I'm happy about your new job. It sounds fun and I'm sure you are doing a great job with it. That's great.

Poor Little Taylor's fingernail! OUCH!!!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love, Heather =)

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Never knew that. Interesting.

Byron

http://keepvillechurch.blogspot.com/

Mamabear said...

Friday is good. We need to do Mambo grill sometime, though.