Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The fight is on

Drew is studying about ancient Greece in school. We are hearing all about the Spartans and other greek things. Last Friday Miss Kerley had them bring in Greek food, such as, Feta cheese, for them to sample. I looked and looked for Baklava in several of our bakeries around town but couldn't find any.

But yesterday, Drew convinced Andrew to buy Smarties - you know the sweet tart candies? I don't know if he told Andrew what he was going to use it for or not, but as soon as they got home they started sorting out the different colors and separating them. Then each boy got their own cross section of all the different colors and they started setting them up for war. I heard words like "Spartans" and "Cavalry" (actually they said "Calvary" but I knew what they were meaning) I also heard "Achilles", "offense" and "defense". I wonder what they would have done had they known that the Spartans were getting eaten (sneakily) by their mother? :) I tried to wait until I knew they were dead already but sometimes they were in formation and they looked too good to pass up. Well, this took up a good bit of time last evening and I was pretty proud of the imagination they showed. The smarties, I mean Spartans, that weren't eaten were saved in plastic bags until the next time a war breaks out.... or Mom gets hungry. :)

6 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

How cute! And what a creative imagination...and what fun snack items for Mommy. HA!

We love and miss y'all!

Heather and family

Beth Stetler said...

You're a MESS!

Ronda said...

That is what I call "creative"! Fun family memories!

Kim M. said...

What a fun way to learn! I need to write that down and use it sometime.

sankey family said...

I love Smarties. The army I was sitting near would be in danger of losing troops, too.
Your kids are great!
love you, Melodie

Cindy said...

Too funny! I think I might have paid money to see that :) Enjoy keeping up with you on your blog...but you should really come to Bedford more often!