Monday, September 3, 2007

Pictures of the twin's B-day party

Yes, these are a little late in coming. Tyler and Taylor's birthday was just a little under a month ago. But at the time, my camera was giving me problems and I couldn't upload any pictures off of it on to the computer. But now, for some unknown reason, they have uploaded and I decided, late or not, I will post them.
We had the party in Andrew's shop. We moved all the equipment and materials over to the sides of the shop and set up tables and chairs in the middle of the floor. Katie decorated, we got some Ratatouille decorations to use.
Here are some of the kids that were there with their chef's party hats on. They looked so cute but the hats were kind of big for them. This is the cutest little thing... her name is Riley, she is Max and Sherry's granddaughter. They are living in the other apartment this summer while her dad, Tom, is working for Andrew. Anyway, she is adorable.
We played musical chairs, limbo and water balloons. Drew's friends showed up earlier that day and then stayed. We had to ban them from playing after a while because they kept on winning. Poor little kids!! :(
The twin's wanted cupcakes so we just put 5 candles on one side of the plate and 5 candles on the other side of the plate. Then Tyler and Taylor sat opposite each other at the table so they could blow their candles out at the same time.

Here are a couple of pictures of them opening their gifts. They had so much fun!!

The most special thing was that Daddy got to be here.

10 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

I just got my new post, posted, and WOW!, you already put a comment on it. =) It's almost midnight here, so I was surprised to see a comment. =D

Loved the neat pics of T. and T. FUN birthday party! It looked like a bundle of fun, and the cupcakes were cute and looked yummy too. Would've loved for my kids to be there to help celebrate...glad Daddy and Mommy both got to be there for the special time!

Love ya'll lots,
Heather =)

Janet Sankey said...

How nice....thanks for sharing the birthday party with us. The boys are getting so big and the party looked like a lot of fun. Lots of hugs and kisses to those boys from Grandma Sankey:-)

CrazieChrisa said...

OMGoodness, they are soooo big!!! I haven't seen them in forever! I dreamed about Alaska last night...it made me miss it there! Glad the boys had a great party:-D

Beth Stetler said...

Looks like u had a gr8 party! Love u all!

Leah said...

The boys look adorable and I am sure that you all had a blast! Glad Andy could be there!!

sankey family said...

I love all the pics of the boys and their fun party! Can't believe they're getting so big.
Miss and love you all,
Melodie and family

jenny said...

Looks like a fun party (put on by a fun mom)!

btw I loved the movie Ratatoulle (sp?). I loved the line where the food critic went off about "truth is always the truth no matter how absurd it appears!" Had fun lecturing to my kids how that is like our faith--I'm not sure they got the connection but I was going to town in my little lecture...

I'm usually not that into kids movies--think they introduce way too many adult themes and perverse or crude humor but I really liked that one (maybe it was just that I loved seeing the cooking, too).

jenny said...

Loved the camping pictures, too!!

Really made me miss living there (not a hard thing to get us to do) there's so much we never got a chance to see. I just want to add that at 33 sleeping on the ground is not your friend either. But it's worth the discomfort to make the memories with the family. When are you MORE together than when tent camping???!!!!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday (belated) to the twins. I can't believe they are 5 already!

Phillip D said...

Happy Birthday!!! (very late) I after weeks am finally getting to your blog again and I loved all the great posts. AK is absolutely beautiful. Loved the huge bonfire too and the hilarious frisbee incident. The family hike near that neat mining town looked so fun. It reminds me of our family outings to Jerome, AZ a mining near ghost town too. Most of all I loved seeing pics of my dear family -- you all. We love you all and miss you.