Thursday, September 20, 2007

The puppies are a week old!!

Here are the puppies a week old. I only count ten but I think I can tell in the lower right corner that there are actually 3 puppies there, not just two. This one is the biggest... its a female and already has a home. She is just a little piggy, pushing a shoving all the others out of the way so she can get some milk. And she just panics when she loses suction. It is the cutest thing to see her trying to get back what she lost. :)

Here is the dear mommy, Aurora, with Katie. She is much better about letting us get to her puppies and she'll go outside for a break whenever we encourage her to. She is a good mom, and obviously has plenty of milk for these puppies. They all seem to be thriving!!!

5 comments:

Kim M. said...

Great update on the puppies. I have to say Katie is much prettier than the dog. :-)

Lori said...

Looks like we in the same situation, our dog is getting ready to have puppies, hopefully not as many as your's did! So yes, we'll have some mutts to give away also! Then it's off the the vet for s much needed surgery! :)

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, I really like the second comment here on your blog...very interesting. =D Help! I think it's in Portuguese.

Cute puppies, looks they are getting bigger by the minute. I love puppies....just the sad fact is that puppies grow up to be dogs, and I don't like dogs, nor cats. =)

Love, Heather =)

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, I forgot to tell you that we like the neat, new pics that you posted at the bottom of your blog. It was fun to see Gale and Andrew together.

Kimberly wanted me to tell you that she LOVES your puppies, and that if she was there, she'd play with them ALL OF THE TIME! =D

Love, Heather =)

Anonymous said...

Happy BELATED Birthday to you. I had great intentions to email you earlier this week, but as you can see it didn't happen. Anyway, thinking about you! Love, Melly