Friday, September 14, 2007

Katie, the seamstress

Well, most of you have seen the sewing expertise of my sister in law Heather and her girls on the mission field in Colombia, South America. So I thought you might enjoy seeing my girl's sewing ability. I must say, first of all, that I did not know she was fixing her PE skirt, she didn't ask for my opinion, she just got the needle and thread out herself and started sewing. I'm so proud, and both of her grandmothers are going to hope that no one knows she is related to them. They are both excellent seamstresses. Yes, the skirt is grey and the thread is pink. Her stitches are "X's", on the outside of the skirt. And again, I say, I'm so proud. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures....love being able to share our lives with each other.
Aunt Linda

Janet Sankey said...

You are an absolute hoot!!! What a wonderful mother you are. You affirm your children in the most unconventional ways and are just a fantastic mother!!! Oh, I think I said that before. Yes, you are right I would have been mortified if you had tried to do something like that..ugh...pink thread and a blue skirt. But for Katie, darling that she is....what can I say? I think it's just fine!!! After all, it is just PE, not the state fair and sewing competition, huh? Love your blogging today. Seems you are the blogger of the day!! (at least in our family). Love, Mom

Ronda said...

I just saw your comment on my blog...It was so fun to hear from you...Just how long ago did we attend "The Christ Hopital School of Nursing"? Did you know that our dorm building has been torn down? I so enjoyed getting on your blog and viewing all of your pictures...What a beautiful family you have! Six wonderful kids...That's awesome! Alaska looks so beautiful! My husband wants to know if we can come for a visit!(smile)Looks like you all love living there! I'll try to keep in touch! Oh, and by the way...That's neat that your daughter is interested in sewing! Good for her!

sankey family said...

Kaite, you go, girl! Way to take initiative and get 'er done!

Love you,
Aunt Melodie

Kim M. said...

You are so funny! Good for Katie for trying!

The Dickinsons said...

Sorry, I've been SEW busy sewing that I'm just now getting to catch up on your neat blog posts. I loved all of the posts! I think that Katie did a GREAT job fixing her skirt. Today anything GOES, so I think the pink thread is fine!! Hug her for me and tell her I'm proud of her too. Please go down and check your other posts, for I've left several comments.

Love, Heather =)