Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Bathroom

When we first bought this house we built a bedroom for each girl, so that each girl would have her very own room. We were assured by each girl that they would LOVE to have their own room all by themselves. However, after we moved in, we found that one sweet girl wasn't happy about having to stay by herself in her very own room. She would sleep on the couch, or she would end up in her sister's bed. She said it was because her room was too close to the deck and she was afraid someone would come and get her in the middle of the night and no one would know because she was the farthest away from Andrew and I.

So as time went on, Andrew thought maybe we should just make another bathroom and make the other girls' bedroom a little bigger. So that is what we did, and finally the bathroom is almost done. Now, both girls sleep in the same room (which used to be Heidi's), it was made a little bit bigger and Katie's room was made into a bathroom. Here are a couple of pictures.

Don't you just love this faucet?

This picture was taken with me standing up against the corner sink and looking back out toward the dining room. The first picture was taken from the doorway that is on the right hand side of this bottom picture. So it is kind of a small bathroom, but it will work well for us, I think!!

5 comments:

Kim M. said...

I love it when you post pictures of your house. It's so neat!
I saw that faucet in a catalog once and it would have been the one I would pick too!
I can relate to whatever girl was lonely. If my hubby isn't going to be home all night, I usually want to grab a kid to cuddle with me.

Beth Stetler said...

Great idea!

Remember when we were so sure we'd love to have our own private suite in the basememnt. As I recall, that was a rather short-lived experiment!! :-)

I love the faucet!

Ronda said...

VERY nice...I really like the pretty vanity and faucet!

sankey family said...

Looks great! Love the faucet.

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Looks beautiful!!!!

What is your email by the way.... email me at keepvillechurch@yahoo.com.

Julie