Sunday, April 20, 2008

A bunch of babble....

I sure have posted alot this weekend. I guess it's because I don't have time to post during the week so I have to make up for it on the weekend. :)
Here is a picture of the thermometer on our deck at 8:47 p.m. It got up to 62 degrees here today. This past week we had 5-6 inches of snow Monday and about 3-4 inches on Friday so we have seen quite the extremes in one week.
This is the time of the year we call "break-up" it is synonymous with Spring. If I had a cherry I would put it on some of the sloppy snow and quote Dr. Suess's "Oh the thinks you can think" where it says "schlopp, schlopp, beautiful schlopp, beautiful schlopp with a cherry on top". The only reason I think it's beautiful is because it means summer is on the way. :)
Oh, so we are looking into buying a wood burning furnace to hopefully cut down or eliminate fuel costs of heating our house next winter. So we bought 4 big truck loads of logs. It looks like we are fixin' to build a log house. :)

I think this will keep Andrew busy sawing and chopping for a while.

This was a favorite after church Sunday night snack for Marc and Beth and I as we were growing up. I don't know about Marc, but I know Beth and I still fix it often. It is Doritos with shredded cheddar and chopped olives baked for a few minutes in 375 degree oven, until the cheese melts.

4 comments:

Beth Stetler said...

YUM!! I'm surprised they lasted long enough to take a picture! :-)

sankey family said...

Oh yeah, it's still a great favorite of Marc's...and all of us! (minus the olives for the boys, extra olives for me)
Love ya...Mel

Melanie C. said...

Mmm, maybe it was from you all we "got" this recipe...I just made some awhile back but instead of olives I put jalopenos in their place. Oh! I will have to try Doritos - I always use plain ones! Great, now I am getting hungry! :-)

Kim M. said...

Oh great idea for Sun. night. I need to try that! I am a sucker for new recipes. :-)