Saturday, April 19, 2008

Four Wheelin'

Andrew has picked up several four wheelers over the last couple of weeks for their job out in St. Mary's. Out in the Alaskan villages there really isn't a whole lot of reason for cars or trucks, you just get a four wheeler and it usually can get you where you need to go. They are going to have quite the crew out there, and probably alot of the time they can just walk to where they are going but in the event they need to hurry the four wheelers will come in handy. Here are a few pictures of Drew enjoying himself while running the gas out of the machine so it can be flown out to St. Mary's.



Loading it on the truck to go to Anchorage.


Andrew left early this morning to drive to Anchorage and then fly out to St. Mary's. They have 7 "Herc's" (a big cargo airplane) full of materials for the job, that he and a few of their guys have to unload. I think he is to be back here Wednesday. So, this starts my loooooooooong spring/summer/fall away from my dear husband. I am thankful that the plans are for him to be back every other weekend or every third weekend.

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Looks like fun! I enjoyed the "got milk" and "crazy hair" pictures, too...Looks like ya'll have alot of fun at your house! Cute kids!

Janet Sankey said...

Well, I sort of hate for you to be a "work widow" for all these months but I do like for you to be warm, fed and cared for...so I'll just pray for everyone's safety. Love ya'

Beth Stetler said...

Cool 4 wheelers!

Steve Hight said...

Hey, Andrew's been tagged (see my blog, http://sehightefm.blogspot.com/)

You might have to do it for him, Vonnie, from the looks of this work schedule.

Kim M. said...

LOL.. I'm thinking "we just HAVE to HAVE the 4 wheelers". "It's necessary". But in his mind, he is saying "woo hoo"... "toys!"