Thursday, February 26, 2009

Josh and Jodi's reception - in Alaska


We had a little celebration for Josh and Jodi for all of the Alaskan friends who weren't able to get to their wedding. A. Gwen and U. Dwane had it in their garage. The Balster family and Judy Jones and others like DeeDee Duke, helped with the food. It was really nice. There were lots of people who came and celebrated with us.
I fixed cappucino punch, this is the first part of it. (the coffee part)
Fruit kabobs
Jodi is just one of my favorite people ever!
And another young couple gets together. :)

8 comments:

Kim M. said...

I saw some of their wedding pictures and I loved the snowy theme. Cappuccino punch?!!! That sounds delicious! Do you have a link or something to the recipe??? :-D

Michelle said...

Yes, a recipe would be lovely!

Looks like a nice reception.

Vonnie said...

No link, but here is the recipe... credit for this recipe goes to my sister in law, Heather Dickinson:

1/4 C. instant (decaf) coffee
1/2 C. sugar
1 C. boiling water
Mix..put in fridge for 2-3 hrs til cold. When cold put it in punch bowl and add:
1 qt. vanilla ice cream
1 qt. chocolate ice cream
2 qt. milk

(it tastes like a creamy coffee milk shake) Yum!! Yum!! I didn't have a picture of the finished product.

Tamra said...

Ohhh, that punch sounds yummy! Thanks for the recipe. I'm gonna have to try it!

Melanie C. said...

This punch is so, so good! I make it every year for Ethan's birthday...that is one thing our families think about and get excited to have on Ethan's special day...we love, love, love it!

Ronda said...

Looks like a pretty and fun reception for an adorable couple! :) The punch recipe sounds heavenly..I'll have to try it! (Glad you shared the recipe!)

Anonymous said...

Sage is WAY too young for that!! lol

Kim M. said...

Oh my goodness; thank you! I can't wait to try it!