Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Iron Dog Banquet

Because Andrew and Gale's company was the largest shipper on the Yukon River last year, we were invited by the shipping company to an all expense paid banquet for the Iron Dog. The Iron Dog is a grueling, two thousand mile snowmachine race through the Alaskan Wilderness. If you remember during the last presidential campaign they mentioned many times that Todd Palin raced in that race and had won it several times. So we thought we might would see the Palins, and we did. And I got pictures, but I was trying to be discreet so they turned out fairly blurry... plus the fact that I was taking them on my cell phone camera. Oh well, it was pretty neat.

There's Piper.

The good govna' herself!

Todd and Trig.


Yeah, I know, three pictures of Todd.... I just couldn't help myself. :)

We also saw the oldest daughter, Bristol (I think), with her new baby, and Sarah's parent's, Chuck and ?? Heath.

10 comments:

Michele said...

So cool! Glad you got to go. I must have taken 20 or 30 pictures of Todd Palin when we went to a rally here and like you, I couldn't help myself. I think the cameras are just drawn to him! ;o)

Tamra said...

VERY cool!

Kim M. said...

How cool is that?!!

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

Sounds like a very cool experience! Is Andrew going to try the race this year? :)

Ronda said...

That's awesome! Enjoyed all of your TN pics, too!

sankey family said...

This is so great! thanks for sharing it with us.

Vonnie said...

Julie,
Andrew hasn't ever shown any interest in racing snowmachines, so I doubt he will. Most of the guys in there were very young... like in their twenties. I think Todd and his riding partner were the oldest ones. (They have to race with someone for safety) Anyway, I would love it if Andrew did run it. I think it would be fun!

Beth Stetler said...

That is too cool!

Your Penn Palz : said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Penn Palz : said...

awesome! (sorry i'm late catching up!)
it would be so neat to see the palin bunch now that they're out of so much national 'lime-light' and back to just being their 'normal' selves!
that race actually sounds like a lot of fun... maybe it's the idea of potential danger?!?!? LOL
thanks for sharing the pix!
(i've also been checking out a bunch of your recent posts that i'd previously missed. they're all great! the ones in TN made me miss the south all over again, though! i THINK we're gonna try to plan a trip south late this summer or in early fall! just can't keep the south out of my blood, that's all there is to it! heehee)
hope you're having a great february so far... sure sounds like you are! ;-)