Saturday, July 5, 2008

Minto, AK

About a week and a half ago, Katie went with the TLC group and a couple of other young people from church and a couple, Larry and Barbara, from our church to Minto, AK for a VBS. Following are some pictures of the trip. I'm so glad Katie is getting the opportunity to do these mission trips, it will help her, I'm sure to see what others live like and the hardships they may have to endure. Katie got high marks for all of her help while there from the leaders who went. We are so proud of her and her desire to tell others about Jesus!
The church
The group of people who went to Minto.

Katie and a little girl that she connected with.

Katie with her bare feet. I guess a little boy was embarrassed not to have shoes and socks on (although from the looks of things there were several kids without shoes and socks) so Katie told him not to feel badly, she would take her shoes and socks off too so he wouldn't be embarrassed to come. I thought that was pretty cool of her, though she probably was wanting to take them off anyway. :)


The beautiful Yukon River.

10 comments:

Tate Family said...

These pictures bring back so many memories......
I haven't made it to Minto yet, but hope to.
I saw you added my link to your blog. I will now take the liberty to add yours to mine. Feel special???? You should!
See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Heather and I (Laura) really enjoyed reading about your TLC trip. Close enough anyway. SO GLAD that you got to join them. God bless you dearest Katie, keep listening to God! It will be exciting to see what God has in store for your life!! Love you so much, Laura and Heather

sankey family said...

What a great thing you did, Katie - I'm so proud of you! Way to go. Your heart for ministry is so inspiring!
Love you, Aunt Melodie

Ronda said...

What a great experience for Katie! Sounds like she has a caring heart! Enjoyed the pictures...

Melanie C. said...

Wow! What an awesome experience...so happy for her!

Kim M. said...

Hey I went to Minto on my TLC trip back in 1991. I loved that experience.

Neat pictures and that's great Katie joined them. How sweet of her to take her socks and shoes off too.

LaDonna said...

It looks like your Katie has a great heart for outreach. She seems to connect with the kids, as they're piled all over her in the pictures. Isn't it great to see God moving on the hearts of our children? I'm really enjoying watching Justin's relationship with the Lord grow. I'll try and add your teens to my prayer list! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Daddy and I are at GG's and she and I just read all your latest posts. Andrew wanted to make sure that GG got to see his work at St. Marys. We enjoyed seeing and reading all the news of the past months. We are so pleased that Katie got to go along with the TLC group. Tell the children that the trampoline looks fun and more safe for "me" next time we come! Before I sign off I must remind you that tomorrow begins the first day of my "BIRTHDAY WEEK";-) If I knew how, I would send a reminder to all the family in rhyme like Aunt Heather used to do for her birthdays! Remember the one in her teens that she sent a challenge to see who would send her the biggest gift.;-) Her big brother always sent the most but she forgot that Lincoln always was inspired by competetion and that year he was tops. We are enjoying our time in TN with Grandmother Scarbrough. Love, Moma

Beth Stetler said...

Beautiful pics and a tremendous opportunity for Katie.

mrstcd said...

Just wanted to tell you I enjoy your blog- makes me miss AK! The VBS trips are fun- my daughter and I went to a village along with Gwen and some others several years ago while we were at NSH. We had a boy from Minto at the home so we did get to go to Minto, too.