Monday, July 28, 2008

Getting you up to date.

No pictures right now... just thought I'd let you know that I made it back to civilization today. I had such a great time out in St. Mary's with Andrew and Drew. We went fishing a couple of times and caught a few fish. The boys just loved it. I do have pictures but they were taken on Andrew's camera and he would have to figure out how to send them to me, which I think would "tax" him too much, ;) so we will probably just wait until he comes home in 10 days or so to download them from his memory card to my computer and I will try to blog about it then.

But I did find a very important piece of information out. The reason Andrew has 4 "boxes" of salt in his dorm room is (drum roll please)..... to preserve bear hides. This is assuming he "gets" a bear while he is out there. :) So, fishing was close, but not quite. :)

And, Beth, you need to check out the comment Andrew made after your last comment about the "anchelatta". For those of you who are curious... we tease Andrew about being very "fluente" (no that is not the right word, but it SOOOO fits the scenario) in Spanish, ever since our trip to Guatemala and Honduras. We have all gotten much mileage out of his attempts at speaking Spanish, so much so that most correspondence has a reference to it. He is very good natured about it and makes fun of himself most of the time. You can find the "anchelatta" comment under the post about my girls leaving for Virginia... then read my sister, Beth's, comment, then Andrew's response. Gotcha curious, didn't I?

4 comments:

Ronda said...

Glad that you had a good time...I will look forward to pictures!

Beth Stetler said...

Can't wait to see pics. Thanks for directing me to Andrew's comment on my comment. That was hysterical!! I laughed till I cried! :-)As to your question about rain in Mexico (on my blog). During rainy season it'll rain for a couple hours in the afternoon. But most of the time it is blue skies.

Janet Sankey said...

Hello to my dear Alaska contingency. I am thinking of Andrew, today...as it is his birthday...and did I send him a card or ANYTHING!!! NOT!!! What a mother-in-law!! Huh...but I know he would say, "not to worry", but I do think of him often and pray for him and you all. I'm also praying for the girls today as they travel home. I know you will be so glad to have them back home safely. More later. Love, Mom

Thomas said...

Hey Mrs. Vonnie! Glad you made it back safe! Have fun down in Valdez!