Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm here

The boys and I made it out here to St. Marys, Alaska, this morning at about 8:30. It is beautiful!! Of course, I probably wouldn't think that if it wasn't sunny, but it is and I do. I don't have many new pictures but I just thought I'd let you know that I made it and then I saw a couple of things I wanted to comment on.
I kind of thought this was an interesting find in my husband's "dorm" room. Four boxes of Morton's salt. I'm sure there is a good reason, that probably has to do with fishing, or the like, but I can't think of what it would be. :)
Next, I thought this was so cool, I saw my husband's bible out and open to where he's been reading. Prov. 11... I'm glad he hasn't gotten to Prov. 31 yet, when he does, I'm going to have to "shape up". :)

And lastly, meet Bertha.... the oldest and heaviest and most worthless vacuum cleaner ever. :)

Really, I have already been having alot of fun with the ladies who are out here cooking for all the guys. I am looking forward to a fun week, although, after I got here, I realized that I forgot my battery charger for my camera... so I guess I will just have to steal Andrew's camera! heehee

4 comments:

Eckmama said...

Glad you made it safely, hope you have a wonderful time! LOVE the new "decoration" on your blog!
Interested to hear the salt story if you ever figure it out...
XOXO
Cara

Ronda said...

I am loving your new look! What interesting observations about the men's dorm! :) Hope you have an awesome time together! Bet your girls are having fun at camp..I enjoyed reading your husband's comment about potential young men that they might meet! Wow! I am so not prepared for THAT yet! What a special time in their lives though!

sankey family said...

So glad you made it - have fun!

jenny said...

These cooks....who hires them? I need to find a job like that in our retirement to get us back up there someday! :-)