Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tea Time

Most Pregnancy Centers around the country do a spring tea as a fundraiser and we are no different. Ours was today and I took a few pictures, it's so fun!!
This was the table I sat at. Kathy Irvine Sauer was our table hostess and she made a delicious quiche and had cream puffs and cheesecake bites and wonderful broccoli salad, muffin bites and fruit. It was fabulous!!

This table was Mary Englebreit stuff. So cute!!

Watermelon

The Junior class of our school helped out by serving water, carrying in items for people, and cleaning up afterward. They earned a little money for their Senior Trip.
Pam Balster organized the whole event and did such a great job. All of her girls were there helping and hosting tables. It was really awesome.

This was Aunt Gwen's table. That cake looked sooooo very good!!


I felt silly to ask somebody at the tea to take my picture so I just had Katie take it after I got home. I had to sing! The Lord did help me but I was very nervous and had to take a few very deep breaths to get through the song and my voice warbled badly several times. I wish that didn't happen but such is life!

It was really an awesome time. The ladies that were there seemed to enjoy themselves and each other. I'm sure there was a nice amount of money raised for the Pregnancy Center.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Your tea party reminded me of an article I wrote about the Birthday Party for Jesus we did in Bedford for the pregnacy center there. http://www.atcmag.com/v5n3/article4.asp Maybe it's something you can use sometime.
I love reading about your life. (Knowing Theresa is 50 made me smile!) And oh, I wish I could hear you sing!(Either "Rejoice in the Lord" or "My Soul O'er Flows.")

Michelle said...

You look good! The tables are pretty -- my friend just had their mother/daughter banquet and had to decorate a table. Neat idea!

Vonnie said...

Pam,
Thanks for your comment. I loved the article and we have done something similar like that here only it was a baby shower for the Pregnancy Center. Very similar themes and easy to decorate because it was something you would normally do for a mom but now it was for many "moms". Great ideas though. I will reference your article for the future!

The Pastor of a Small Rural Church said...

That looks like SO much fun!!! Everything was so beautiful!!!

Oh, and please tell Kathy that I can't wait to see her this summer!!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Vonnie, I enjoy reading your blog. Cheryl and David have provided music the last 2 years for there pregnancy center. I think it is wonderful that our families are involved with such a needy work. You look great! Would love to see you all.

sankey family said...

The tea looks like so much fun. I love all the tables decorated differently like that.
I'm sure your song was beautiful!
Miss you!

Kim M. said...

That looks like so much fun! I love tea parties!

Melanie C. said...

I have never been to a tea party...so glad you posted the pictures of the tables. That was fun to get to see all the different ones....you look great!