Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lawn and Shop

I thought I would give you one last update on the lawn and the shop since we are basically finished with them both. I am thrilled with the lawn except that I am not allowed to cut it short yet. But it is green and lush!!! And I love the outside of the shop. I may be a little "kooky" but I think it looks awesome. My husband is so smart... he knew how good it would look!!!

This is the back yard, with the beginnings of the "fort".

This is the front yard.


And here is the front of the shop. Andrew is going to make a barn style door up at the top where you can see plywood.

8 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

Andrew is making that place so 'homey' that it looks like you guys may have to stay there forever. You have your own 'Bed & Breakfast'. You folks are a beautiful family. Love, Sherry D.

Michelle said...

Love your house and the lawn looks great!

The Dickinsons said...

Everything looks GREAT! I love the lawn, the shop, the home, the fort, and THE FAMILY THAT LIVES THERE too! =)

I'll be over soon for some of those tomatoes and some cottage cheese! =D

Love y'all,
Heather =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update of photos. I love being able to know what's going on in AK while I'm way over here in RO. I love you and miss you SO MUCH! We get to go to town and you know what that means... everyone has to have a bath and shampoo just like in Laura Ingall's days. I've not been out of this house for anything except church in 3 wks... walls are caving in on me... Love ya, Laura

Marty said...

Vonnie,

Give Daddy a big hug for me when you see him...I missed talking with him yesterday on he and momma's 39th Wedding Anniversary!!!

Love the new grass!!!

Leah said...

LOVE the looks of the GREEN grass!! I think the shop looks kinda cool and will enjoy seeing the finished project including the barn door at the top!

Phillip D said...

Wow it's been a while since I have visited your blog and everything looks great. I love the shop too. It is really retro. A couple of simple retro 1940s warehouse style lights above the garage doors might be sort of neat to finish of the mining camp look. Hopefully someday we can come visit you.

Kim M. said...

oh your house is so gorgeous! and neat shop and pretty green grass!