Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Building the playground area

This is a project Andrew started a few weeks ago.... it kind of went along with the landscaping. The kids have needed a swing set/playground for a long time. So Andrew poured concrete to set posts on so he could build a "fort"/swingset. Now they are putting the deck down on the bottom level. Taylor was wanting to help and he looked so cute I had t0 have a picture.

The boy at the top of the picture is Nick, he is a friend of Drew's, and is our neighbor. Grant is at the right in the picture and you can barely see Tyler's head on the left of the picture.

Of course, all the boys wanted to nail so Andrew had them get hammers and set them up to nail away. Drew is at the far end then Taylor, Grant, Tyler and Nick.

We are getting ready to go to our church July 4th picnic. I hope to have more pictures to post but may not be able to get it done today. I made potato salad and brownies. The church is furnishing the hamburgers and hot dogs and everyone else is bringing side dishes. Yum!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet, Makes me wish I could be there to help hammer nails too. NOT... Andrew would NOT want my help, unless it would be to make some fresh lemonade to serve them... for they look HOT even in the pictures.. love and miss you all, Laura in Romania

Leah said...

Vonnie, that looks like so much fun for those boys!! I will look forward to seeing the finished product!

Phillip D said...

What a good dad Andrew is to let ALL of them nail! Even if some of it may have looked like a war zone after all of the beating on it, that was the best thing a dad could have done. Because now they know that work is fun and that their dad is great. Thanks, Vonnie, for posting such a neat post. Love you all, Phillip

Kim M. said...

That looks so neat. I know how my boys are so I am sure yours were in their element!

The Dickinsons said...

That playground-fort looks GREAT! I'm sure the kids will have soooo much fun with it when it gets done. I just called and talked to Andrew today. He was in the airport flying home to be with you, after going to Grandma's 100th birthday party! It was FUN getting to talk to him, it's been a long time! The picnic sounds neat too!

We love and miss y'all,
Heather =)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Andrew and Vonnie
I was SOOO surprised to see in the pictures that Linda M. sent me from Grandma's 100th birthday that Andrew was able to be there. How wonderful! I got all teary eyed just looking at the photo. I'd love to hear all about how you pulled that one off... but I'll probably have to call Moma for your running too fast. Thanks for making that sacrifice for Moma and Daddy's sake. I guess I'll just be happy you got to be there and not jealous that I didn't... for I think that would be the most Christian "tude"... ya think?! Love you much, Laura in Romania

Anonymous said...

Vonnie, it's been such fun reading your blog. And seeing your beautiful family! Somehow in my mind they were still all in single digets. Blessings!