Monday, January 26, 2009

Mexico - Part 3

Looking over the city of Saltillo, MX. It was beautiful.

A different view, from a different place... but still Saltillo.

All the grand "boys" except for Kent, sitting on a cannon.

Me, in the middle of my "little" brother and my "big" sister. Yep, it does seem a little opposite, but he is younger than me and she is older than me. I am so proud to be their sister. I love them for their dedication to the mission field and for the abilities God has given them. And I love both of their spouses. We have talked before about how God has helped us all to really love one another, especially when there are so many who don't even try to love their in-laws. We are really fortunate to have Melodie and Steve in our family... and here is where I add my wonderful husband, who also fits well in to our family.

The mountains on our way to San Rafael/La Boca.

Some cute boys and their burro.

I think they take advantage of the cactus as fencing, or to reinforce their fencing.

AND that would be the little girls' room... :)

Grant kept picking the spines off of the cacti and he turned around too quickly and poked one right in to Jordan's forearm. We could not pull it out with our fingers, we had to use a "Leatherman" tool. You were a real He-man, Jordan. Chicks dig that. :)

5 comments:

Ronda said...

Enjoyed all of your beautiful "Mexico" pictures! The food looked fabulous...I would love to have some of those recipes. So awesome that all of the family really enjoys each other...I love to see that in a day where people seem to take "family" for granted! Glad that you shared with us! :)

Janet Sankey said...

Vonnie, I love your pictures and comments with your documentary of our Mexico Christmas. It was wonderful and I am so very thankful for our loving family of which YOU are a part. Just because you aren't a foreign missionary doesn't mean you don't have a "mission" to accomplish. I love you. Mom

sankey family said...

That's my boy, I tell ya!

Yes, it's just wonderful to be a part of this great family - I am so blessed.

The Dickinsons said...

So glad to see you are back on...I enjoyed all 3 posts about Mexico. And YES...you DID make us hungry seeing all of that food. (We've lived in AZ (nearly Mexico) for too long not to LOVE that type of food.
Love ya bunches!!

Kim M. said...

What a neat way to spend Christmas! I loved the pictures....
Yes, I agree with everyone else that the food looks awesome!
Isn't it just like a boy to poke his brother with cactus spines?!