Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin faces

Sometime about Wednesday of last week I picked up three pumpkins for the kids to carve. Andrew promised the kids he would help them carve them so I thought I would get them so they could be here when he got ready to do it. That was a mistake, because as soon as I bought them the younger ones were wanting to carve them. The twins, especially Taylor, kept asking when they could cut the pumpkins. Well, as time went SLOWLY by for them, they started naming the pumpkins, one was Sam, another was Bucky and the other was named Lori. Taylor said his was Bucky. So last night Andrew came home and we almost immediately got to carving pumpkins. As it was, I think all three of the younger boys thought theirs was Bucky. I don't guess they paid close enough attention because none of them seemed to know which pumpkin was which.Katie's friend, Catie Callahan, came and spent the weekend with us. (her foster Mom was out of town and she needed a place to stay) So, Katie, Catie and Tyler were carving one pumpkin, Heidi and Taylor another, and Drew and Grant another. I bought kits that had stencils for faces and carving knives.


Taylor thinks this is serious business.

I thought they did really good, with minimal help from Andrew.

It was fun for everyone.

8 comments:

Queen Essie said...

Wow - that looks like so much fun! And you're right, they did turn out really great! Thanks for sharing a fun family activity - it's hard to find things all ages are interested in :)
Love ya!

LaDonna said...

Great pictures...I've never been into carving pumpkins, but it looks like you had fun.

Myranda said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing - looks like great family time!

Beth Stetler said...

I miss you all!!

Lori said...

It seems like all kids like carving pumpkins, they did a great job!

sankey family said...

Great job, guys! You made 'em look scary!

The Dickinsons said...

How Neat! It looks like a fun time was had by all, and they did do a good job carving their pumpkins.

Kimberly also left a comment on Drew loosing his tooth. Both Sarah and Kimberly have a loose tooth, SO...Noah is pulling at his to try to make one of his teeth loose. =)


Love y'all,
Heather =)

LindaJo49 said...

What fun!! I look forward to reading your blogs! It hardly seems possible it has been 7 years since we were there. We are anxious to visit again! Thanks for letting us share in your life! I've said this before, but I guess you are special to me since my first memory of you was when you were about 6 months old and I was carrying you around at Stoneboro Camp looking for your lost shoe! LOL!!