Friday, June 1, 2007

San Diego

Well, you haven't heard from me in a good long while because I've been in San Diego, hanging out with my Mom. We had an awesome time, relaxing, shopping, walking, talking and laughing our heads off. Here are a few pictures so you can see some of what we saw.

This is a beautiful bush/tree that grew flat along the back wall of the hotel. There were several all along the wall.
This is a bouquet of spring flowers that my dear husband sent to me while I was there. Look at that daisy toward the bottom. Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?

Pretty flower!


This is a picture of the grounds of the motel right outside of our door from the balcony. It was kept impeccably. (word?) The days were marvelous. They would start off completely overcast but by 10 or 11 all the clouds would be burned off and the rest of the day would be sunny and 75 degrees with a constant breeze. Just gorgeous. Good times......

7 comments:

LaDonna said...

Looks like a beautiful place to be! Can I ask, why San Diego?

Michelle said...

How fun! Those mother/daughter times are special.

sherryldickinson said...

There is no other place closer to paradise than San Diego! Two deserving ladies of R & R! God blessed you both-Smile. Sherry Dickinson

Kim M. said...

Hey! I know that lady! I found your blog. I wanted to say "hi" after lurking and enjoying your blog for a few weeks. Just in case you don't recognize me, I go to your parents' church. Glad you are doing well. Looks like you and your mom had fun.

Kim Matlock

Phillip D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, oops! I just made a mistake and had to delete my post! SORRY!

Loved the pics of San Diego! So glad that you and your Mom had such a FUN TIME! Y'all will have memories that will last a life time! We have a lot of great memories from San Diego, cause of visiting Phillip's relatives that lived there! It's a pretty place. Remember meeting us there...and taking my kids to see the Ocean? U. Andrew was a DEAR and rolled up his pants to take them in the FREEZING WATER to dip their toes! =) San Diego is only 5 hours from Phx, AZ where we used to live.

Loved the pretty flowers Andrew sent you!

Lots of love,
Heather =)

Kathy said...

Your mom told me you all had a great time there (with both of you recuperating!) She came back with a tan! Glad you are doing well!!
"Aunt Kathy"