Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Working on our house

I thought you might like to see what "the guys" have to go through to work on our house at this point. They are putting up the fashia (sp?) and are on our second level deck, which has no railing, on top of scaffold. What do you think about the two colors... Our roof is green as well as the 1st few inches of fashia... I'm sure there is a name for it but I don't know what it is. Then we added deep red fachia to the lower 4-6 inches. We really like it but it is very different.
Then I thought I would add a picture of my flower pots that I just planted on Saturday. They are looking so nice and colorful.

4 comments:

LaDonna said...

Oh, it looks so nice!!! I'm dreaming of a green roof on our house! You need to tell me about the house...how many bedrooms, show some inside photos, etc.! Since I can't come to visit, it would be nice to take a virtual tour!!!

Phillip D said...

I love the red with the green with the logs; it is very classy. Wow, that house is huge! The men on the scaffolding really show the height. It looks like someone is stuck waiting for a ladder in the shadow under the eve of the gable.
Your flower pots are gorgeous; it makes it worth the little extra work.
And thanks to you, Vonnie, for stopping by my blog. We miss you all up there in AK. Blessings and love from our family to yours, Phillip
PS. Enjoy having Lincoln, Lyn, and family with you all. Wish we could join you all.

The Dickinsons said...

Everything looks GREAT! We'd love to see it in person. Phillip told me that he thought that that was a person hiding under the eaves of the roof, and I told him it wasn't. When he looked closer he realized it was not. =)

Have a GREAT time with Linc and Lyn and family! We'll be right over to see all of y'all. =)

Love y'all,
Heather =)

Phillip D said...

Happy Fathers Day, Andrew! Lincoln, to you too! Blessings and love to you all up there, Phillip