Friday, May 4, 2007

Springtime

Well, the old song says, "When it's springtime in Alaska, it's 40 below". Thankfully that ain't true!! :) I am going to have to take pictures again in a couple of days because the leaves aren't quite big enough for you to see the color... at least not how I want you to see it. It has to be my favorite color combination... the birch trees and their branches... white, black/grey, and beautiful spring green. One of these days, when my ship comes in and I have a good room to decorate like this, I am going to use those colors. Here are a couple of pictures of the buds on the trees/ bushes. I will try to take another picture in a couple of days and see how much bigger and greener the leaves are.

Still too brown, I don't know if you can see these buds or not, they are so tiny.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I am sure you are excited about this! I like living where it is pretty much green all the time - unless of course we talk about the brown from the drought!!

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, we can see the buds and can see that it is, and will be beautiful...with that color combination. We miss having the 4 seasons each year...the snow, the fall leaves, the spring, and the summer. Here we have RAIN, NO RAIN, RAIN, NO RAIN...and did I mention Rain? =) Since I have no dryer...I REALLY NOTICE THE RAIN! I wake up to sun, and run and put a load of clothes on the line...then I get busy, or LEAVE...and it starts to POUR ON TOP OF MY CLOTHES!! UGH!
NOT COMPLAININ', JUST STATIN' FACTS! =)
Love ya, Heather