Sunday, May 13, 2007

My Moms

Well, I don't think I have a picture of my mother or mother in law, but I do want to give them both honor.

First:
My mom, Janet Sankey, is an awesome lady. There are not enough words in the English language to describe this amazing woman. She has been all things to all people. She is strong, hard working, beautiful, smart, organized, disciplined. She is a teacher, a nurse, a doctor :), an advisor. She is well-respected, sought after, much loved in her community. To me she is all of this plus, FUN! FUN! FUN!, one of my very best friends in the whole world. And one of the people I enjoy most being around. I love you Mom. Thanks for your beautiful example and thank you for serving Jesus and teaching me to want to serve Jesus as well.

Next:
My mother in law, Martha Bryan, is another awesome lady. I have known her in the capacity of mother in law for almost twenty years and can only say that I love and respect her so much for all she has done and accomplished. What an example of self-sacrifice you have been to me. You have raised a beautiful family who you have put first before all of your needs and wants. You have shown patience with all of your children and grandchildren. This in turn has made you much loved and "rich". Thank you for raising your kids to love Jesus. I have a wonderful husband because of you and Dad. I love you.

3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

What sweet comments about your Mother and Mother-in-law! =) I agree, for I know both ladies, and they are sweethearts!
THANKS tons for your sweet comment on my blog too. You are a VERY GOOD MOTHER also...I still think that you should get "Mother of the Year" award at least in AK, and the 2 Mothers from our church that each have 15 kids should get that award here in Colombia. =) Also, I added this detail to my blog after you signed. The lady in the green pants (on my blog) is one of the ladies that has 15 children. Diana, the one that lost her baby, is #9 of her 15 children. I thought that was interesting.
Have a WONDERFUL day...
Love ya bunches,
Heather =)

Lady J said...

Janet Sankey and Martha Bryan are truly wonderful ladies! I was so excited when I saw your comment on my blog. Blogging is so much fun-almost addicting.
Aunt Jan

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks Vonnie for your comment on my blog. It's not that I think that our children are nicer looking than your children....it's just that they get sooo much attention b/c of their lighter skin, hair, and eyes in this country. What I didn't tell you that was SPOOKY to me...was the 2 men that got on our bus Sunday night. One guy saw my oldest daughters eyes and got the other guys attention and pointed to his eyes and then nodded for him to turn around and see my K. They did thumbs-up signs to each other and smiled and were impressed...AND SHE IS ONLY 9! UGH! But, God is going to protect them, and help them to find the right mates some day with whom they can serve Jesus.

Heather~ =)