Friday, November 7, 2008

Creativity

Katie drew the picture on the left, Taylor the one on the right. Only we had to cover up some of Taylors, cuz he got a little carried away and was showing a little too much "skin". :) He was copying off of Katie's picture. We thought that was so funny!
Now THAT is a banana split. Andrew came home this past weekend and was "hankerin'" after a banana split so I made him one. I thought I was going to be able to help him eat a couple of bites but by the time I finished making it I didn't think I could eat any without it making me sick so....
He ate the WHOLE thing... yes he did. ( Yes we can!! - that's for you babe!! hahahaha) For you who might not be able to figure out that inside joke... Obama said "Yes we can" about 17 times in his acceptance speech... and I haven't even hardly been able to talk to my husband since he got elected, because he has NOT been a happy man!! :)
It took me about four tries to get this picture of Taylor working so hard with his tongue sticking out, carving his pumpkin. He was very serious about it!!


I remember blogging last year about the kids carving pumpkins... where has the time gone??

8 comments:

Ronda said...

Fun family pictures(Looks like you have some artists in your family!)...
That banana split made me hungry for one! :)

Janet Sankey said...

Wow, what a banana split!!! Looks good. And the pics of the pumpkin carvers are so good. Love the one of Taylor with his tongue sticking out and all of them look quite intent on getting the job done. Who's the little boy at Andrew's elbow?
Anthony sent me this joke...so don't attribute it to me. It might make Andrew laugh tho'....Anthony said, "Things are lookin up...Dick Cheney has ask Obama to go huntin' with him". Ain't that awful!!!???

Kim M. said...

LOL... the pictures are cute! I have to laugh at Janet's comment. Anthony is such a mess.

Melanie C. said...

The joke made me smile, too. :-) Love the post/pictures! Looks like the boys had fun with the pumpkin carving!

Beth Stetler said...

The banana split looks delicious! I, also, was wondering who that other kid is, it's been so long since I've seen your family, who knows?! Funny joke, Mom! :-)

Lori said...

Cute photos, very funny about Taylor's drawing! That is a serious banana split, trying to drown our election sorrows, huh? Let me know if it works!

The Dickinsons said...

I'm so glad that Andrew is back. The banana split looks yummy. I understand about Andrew being "depressed" over the election! =(

The pics are nice that the kids drew. And the kids carving the pumpkins are neat.

Your Penn Palz : said...

i could sure go for one of those 'splits' about now! even though it's stinkin' cold here... for my southern blood, anyway! LOL
i know all about the un-happy outcome of obama being elected!!! i have to pray every day for my attitude AND for my patriotism to be restored! GOD HELP US ALL AND BLESS AMERICA INSPITE OFHER FOOLISHNESS LATELY!
aly's too young to get into carving, yet... we did put a jack-o-lantern on the front porch for her. what she really liked was the HUGE inflatable one in the backyard, though!
loved your pix... have a great week! ;-)