Friday, November 16, 2007

We're leaving

Tomorrow evening we will be headed to the Fairbanks International Airport to leave for Guatemala. Andrew, me and the three older kids are all going. We are supposed to meet my mom and dad, sister and her family and brother and his family there. However, my brother's little boy, Logan, is in the hospital with an infection behind his eye/ in his sinus that will not go away. And unless a miracle happens they probably won't be able to go on this trip. The most important thing to all of us though, is that Logan gets better. We will just feel very sad if we don't get to see them at all. So will you all pray for Logan and our family. I think we are all pretty worried about this infection. Also, try to remember to pray for our safety and that this will be a life changing experience for us. I have been to a foreign country like this before but my kids haven't, so I want the Lord to remind me where I could be and where I am (and I'm not talking about physical location here), and I want my kids to see what God has for them, and how ugly sin really is.

I got a new camera so I will be taking lots of pictures, Lord willing. And I plan to post them all. hehehehe We won't be back until Dec. 1st. I doubt Andrew will let us take the laptop so I probably won't be able to update blogger until I get back!


5 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for the nice post! So glad for the new camera, Great for taking some fun pics! =D

Have a wonderful time, and we'll be praying for y'all. We're soooo SAD about Logan!!! We're praying!

Love, Heather =)

Beth Stetler said...

We're all very disappointed that the trip won't be as planned. But we need Logan to get better! I predict a life-changing experience and can't wait to see you all!

Ronda said...

Wow! Can't wait to hear about your trip! Trust that it goes smoothly...I am sure it will have a great impact on your life! We are praying for Logan! I believe that God is going to touch his little eye! I think what you are doing with the pregnancy center sounds neat too...I would like to hear more about it! happy Thanksgiving!

LaDonna said...

Hope you all have a safe trip and that God will use your family while you're there. Can't wait to hear and see all about it! Happy Thanksgiving.

Mamabear said...

We miss you! Hurry home!!