Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm back

Well, I arrived back home last evening about 7 p.m. My cousin, Thad, picked me up from the airport...Grant was with him. I am really glad to be home.



I have been to an awesome conference in LA about limited ultrasonography in Crisis Pregnancy centers. It is an awesome tool used for saving babies. I am really looking forward to starting in January with our local pregnancy center. I am one of three nurses and a sonographer who are volunteering to do this.



I guess what has helped me the most by going to this conference is seeing the big picture. I am a stay at home mom and my "box" is so small. My kids and my husband are who I serve, and they are the ultimate cause I should work for. But it is very easy to get a limited view of what is really going on in the world. There are so, very many good and holy people doing what is right all over the world and the United States. I'm guilty of thinking, "There's really nothing I can do to fix the way the country is going. I'll just pray." But I CAN do my small part and I am looking forward to trying, with God's help.


And, this is for Cara... who will get this "joke". And who loved her precious baby enough to not discard her as you would a "tissue". Isn't she gorgeous?

11 comments:

Eckmama said...

SEE??!?! Now your blog is perfect! ;) Glad you're home safely and you had such a nice trip, and I think it's really awesome that you've got the talent, training, and opportunity to be able to do something like this.
love you!

Janet Sankey said...

I'm proud of you. Not like you don't have enough "on your plate", but willing to stretch yourself to help others....that's my girl. Love, Mom

Beth Stetler said...

It is so cool that you are doing this, what a great opportunity! See you next week!

sankey family said...

I think it's awesome what you're doing with the Crisis Pregnancy Center - what a great outreach!
Can't wait to see you in Guatemala, Lord willing!

Love you, Melodie

Kathy said...

That's really neat; excellent ministry!

Kathy said...

That's really neat; excellent ministry!

Mamabear said...

Glad your back, N.K.!!
Love,
B.B. :-)

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, Enjoyed your post. Glad you had a safe trip.

That baby is adorable! Yes, I too am proud of you for how you are going to help at the Crisis pregnancy center. I think it is great, and know you will touch a lot of lives for Jesus.

Love ya bunches,
Heather =)

LindaJo49 said...

What an awesome opportunity!!

Lori said...

I enjoyed reading about what you do, it's very admirable of you.
Thanks also, for the sweet comments you always are so great to leave on my blog!

Kim M. said...

Wow, What an excellent ministry! Just think of all those precious babies!