Monday, May 25, 2009

I've had a very busy couple of weeks...

Here are a few pictures of my last few weeks. We had many end of the year activities. Being the parent of a Junior adds to the responsibilities. So I will try to get "caught up" in one post!!
Here is a beautiful picture of Mt. Hess and Mt. Deborah in the Alaska Range. One of the men of our church took the picture (he is a photographer) and had it on his web page http://www.mytoesarecold.com/. So I had it blown up and then got it matted and framed. I love it, I think it turned out beautiful.

My Mother's day flowers. Did a already post this? No I don't think I did.

Katie and Thomas went to the Jr/Sr banquet together.

Heidi and my cousin, Thad, went to the Jr./Sr. Banquet together.

The decorations were beautiful!!

The end of the year Choir Concert was wonderful. The kids get better every year. We are sorry to be losing Mrs. Weed. :(
Katie was playing with my "cheap ole" camera and got some really good pictures of some flowers. I wish I had time and room to post them all. I just loved the lighting on these.
Graduation was really awesome this year. We had a graduating class of 10 or 11 kids.... really great kids.
One of the highlights of the graduation was Bro. John Betters receiving his honorary Dr. of Divinity degree from God's Bible School. It was really neat!! He got a long standing ovation!

Dr. Betters and Dr. Avery

7 comments:

Ronda said...

Enjoyed your new pics...Sounds like a fun and busy time. (The couples looked so cute all "dressed up" for the banquet!:))

The Dickinsons said...

Vonnie, I've been running so am just now getting to read this post. Heidi and Katie look really nice all "dolled up" for their banquet. I liked both of their dresses!

That is neat that Dr. Betters received that honorary Dr. of Divinity degree from God's Bible School. How special.

I missed getting to tell Katie and Drew Happy Birthday. Please tell them I said so, a little late. =)
We love and miss y'all tons!

sankey family said...

I absolutely love that picture of the mountains in the Alaska range. Love you - see you soon!

Janet Sankey said...

It's now June 22nd and I think she must have had more than a "busy couple weeks"....

Your Penn Palz : said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Your Penn Palz : said...

WOW!!!!! you HAVE been busy! loved 'catching up' with you, though! great pix, too! i talked to someone the other day, that has been on about 12 or 13 cruises all over the world and they said, their ALL-TIME fave was the one they took to alaska! (your framed pic DOES look beautiful, so we may just have to 'take' a cruise up that way, someday?!?!) hope you've had a chance to slow down a bit by now and are enjoying a great summer! =)

Janet Sankey said...

Well folks...I think her bloggin' days are over!!! I know she's busy but this is ridiculous!!! Now she's coming to see me and I can tell her in person!! Teehee... I guess facebook stole another blogger....