Monday, March 17, 2008

Another buffalo hunt

Andrew and Drew went buffalo hunting again last weekend. They didn't get anything, I don't even think they saw any, but they had a good time and enjoyed an 8 - 10 mile "hike". Here are some pictures.
We picked up the meat from Drew's buffalo this past week and last night we had our first meal from it. It was sooooooo yummy. Here is what it looked like. If you want to know what it tasted like all you need to do is go get a rump roast at the store and crock pot it. :)We all thanked Drew for putting meat on the table for us. Now we have to pray that Andrew gets one before the end of March when the time for buffalo hunts is over. It would be really nice if he could get one to fill up another freezer. :)

8 comments:

Ronda said...

Cool pictures! (Do you love living in Alaska?) You have some great scrapbooking photos! Your last post was hysterical...the "mirror" that had been kissed! ha! No one admitted doing such a thing, so I refuse to be the first! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great Job Drew! Sure wish we could taste that meat too! Love, Aunt Laura

Vonnie said...

Ronda, I do not love living in Alaska because it is too far away from all of our family. But I do like it alright... and yes, we do have some really nice scrapbooking photos..... if I could just find the time to scrapbook. :)

Lori said...

Wow! How many freezers do you have to have to hold all that meat?! We just sold ours as it was a chest freezer and I was tired of standing on my head trying to get meat, but we'll have to buy another(hopefully an upright one) before hunting season is here again!

Eckmama said...

Love the pictures of the snow. Love looking at snow that is other places besides my house. LOL ;) I can't imagine how much meat you get from a buffalo! Y'all are set for a while, aren't you?

I don't remember kissing the mirror, but that doesn't mean I didn't do it. Hopefully if I did I cleaned off the evidence!!! Hahaha!

You tell her NO KISSING until she's 83! NO NO NO! *sigh* Tell her no growing up, either. :(

sankey family said...

It looks delicious! I would love to try it - don't think I've ever eaten buffalo meat. Great job, Drew!

Kim M. said...

My boys (all 4 of them!) would LOVE to go buffalo hunting. Great pictures! And yes, I'd love a freezer full of it too.

Char said...

Hmmmm...buffalo meat...if I think about chicken, cow or pig too long I have a hard time chewing...I'd be willing to try...maybe if you called it "steak" or "ham" it would go down better.